The Industrial Relations Advisers,
Management & Labour Laws Consultants
Room 3, 1st floor, Falaknuma Building, Near The Laboratory & Haroon Radio, Abdullah Haroon Road, Karachi
Phone: 32727266 & 32729770 Fax: 32729770 (S M Iqbal) Email: email@example.com
Circular No. C Ė 125†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Date: 01-12-2010
Minimum Wages of Rs 7000/= p.m.
w.e.f. 01-05-2010 fixed by Balochistan in 30 industries
1. The Balochistan Govt. vide itís Notification dated 11-11-2010 under the Minimum Wages Ordinance, 1961 has fixed the minimum of Rs. 7000/= p.m. w.e.f. 01-05-2010 for all categories of workers / employees in 30 specified industries which does not include commercial organizations.
2. Though Section 2(6) of the Ordinance has adopted the definition of industry as given in Section 2(xiv), IRO, 1969 which includes industries, factories and commercial establishments but the Notification has confined itself to 30 specific industries given therein and those which are not mentioned therein, the Notification does not apply to them.
The wages as per Section 2(8) of the Ordinance includes
basic wages / salary and all other regular allowances. Section 2(9) of the
Ordinance defines worker which is wide to include all categories of employees.
4. Where wages fall short of Rs. 7000/= p.m. arrears of the difference has to be paid from 01-05-2010 to make it at Rs. 7000/= p.m.
5. The Notification is too brief and does not cover other details but where necessary relevant other provisions of the Ordinance shall apply to it.
6. The Notification may be carefully perused to determine itís application on the establishment. In case of any doubt, you may consult your labour laws consultant.††† †††††††
††††††††††††††† For M/s S.M. Yaqoob
††††††††† Industrial Relations Advisers
††††††††† & ††Labour Laws Consultants