The Industrial Relations Advisers,
Management & Labour Laws Consultants
Room 3, 1st floor, Falaknuma Building, Near The Laboratory & Haroon Radio, Abdullah Haroon Road, Karachi
Phone: 2727266 & 2729770 Fax: 2729770 (S M Iqbal) Email: email@example.com
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN MINISTRY OF LAW
JUSTICE, HUMAN RIGHTS AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS
(LAW, JUSTICE AND HUMAN RIGHTS DIVISION)
F. No: 2(1)/2001-Pub. Islamabad, the 22nd October, 2001
The following Ordinance promulgated by the President is hereby published for general information: -
ORDINANCE No: LVII of 2001
further to amend the West Pakistan
Minimum Wages for Unskilled Workers Ordinance, 1969
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the West Pakistan Minimum Wages for Unskilled Workers Ordinance, 1969 (W.P. Ord. XX of 1969) for the purposes hereinafter appearing:
AND WHEREAS the President is
satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the
Proclamation of Emergency of the fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the
Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999, read with the Provisional
Constitution (Amendment) Order No.9 of 1999, and in exercise of all powers
enabling him in that behalf, the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
is pleased to make and promulgate the
following Ordinance: -
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) This Ordinance may be called the West Pakistan Minimum Wages for Unskilled Workers (Amendment) Ordinance, 2001.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the 1st day of August, 2001.
2. General Amendments, W.P. Ordinance XX of 1969.- In the West Pakistan Minimum Wages for Unskilled Workers Ordinance, 1969 (W.P. Ord. XX of 1969) hereinafter referred to as the said Ordinance.
(a) In the long titled the word "West" shall be omitted; and
(b) In the preamble the word "West" shall be omitted.
3. Amendment of section 1, W.P. Ordinance XX of 1969.- In the said Ordinance, in section 1.-
(a) In sub-section (1) the words "West Pakistan" shall be omitted; and
(b) In sub-section (4) the words and comma "wherein fifty or more persons are employed or were employed on any day during the preceding twelve months." shall be omitted.
4. Amendment of section 3, W.P.
Ordinance XX of 1969.- In the said Ordinance, in section 3, in the Explanation,
for clause (ii) the following shall be substituted, namely:-
"(ii) "wages" include cost of living
allowance as admissible under the Employees Cost of Living (Relief) Act, 1973 (1
of 1974), and special allowance announced by the Government, from time to time,
before the commencement of the West Pakistan Minimum Wages for Unskilled Workers
(Amendment) Ordinance, 2001.".
5. Amendment of Schedule, W.P.
Ordinance XX of 1969.- In the said Ordinance, in the Schedule, in column (2),
for the figure "1500", occurring thrice, the figure "2500" shall be substituted.
(Faqir Muhammad Khokhar)